The Seven Principles Workshop for couples is a two-day marriage workshop based on the internationally acclaimed research of Dr. John Gottman as presented in his New York Times bestselling book—The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work. This educational workshop has been offered across the US and internationally, and has strengthened the relationships of tens of thousands of couples. It's specifically designed to help couples improve their friendship and learn powerful communication and conflict management skills.
The workshop includes lectures, demonstrations, videos and private couples exercises. The activities are fun, insightful and informative. The presenters are hilarious. And there is no need to worry about sharing your personal problems in front of others... we don't any do group sharing at this workshop.
Friday evening is specifically created to be a Date Night. Beyond the workshop itself, we will be providing drinks and desserts will for you to enjoy while you participate in the training. There are also several awesome restaurants nearby where you can grab food before the workshop begins.
REGISTRATION IS $250 PER COUPLE AND INCLUDES:
- The book The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work.
- Two Seven Principles workbooks
- Love Maps Card Deck
- Open Ended Questions Card Deck
- Dessert and drinks on Friday night
- Morning coffee & tea on Saturday morning
- Lunch on Saturday
COUPLES WILL LEARN AND PRACTICE RESEARCH-PROVEN
- Make conflict work for your relationship
- Deepen intimacy and build trust
- Identify your solvable vs. perpetual issues
- Strengthen your foundation of friendship
- Collaborate more effectively to solve problems
- Communicate clearly and effectively (...and get more of what you want and need as a result!)
If this workshop isn't for you, and your'e still interested in learning how The 7 Principles can help your relationship, we can refer you to a trained mental health provider who specializes in the Gottman Method.
8:30am……… Doors Open
9:00am……… Workshop Begins (Light Breakfast is Available)
10:30am……. 15 Minute Break
12:00pm……. Lunch Served
1:00pm……... Workshop Continues
3:00 pm ..... 15 Minute Break
5:00pm……… Workshop Ends
FRIDAY NIGHT (DATE NIGHT)
5:30pm……... Registration Open & Happy Hour Begins
9:00pm………Workshop Ends & Social Hour Begins
10:30pm…….. Social Hour Ends
*Please note that dinner is NOT included
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
COUPLES THAT THIS WORKSHOP IS NOT SUITED FOR:
- Severe relationship distress
- Emotional abuse
- Domestic violence
- Active addictions (alcohol, drug, gambling)
- Serious mental health problems in one or both partners
- Single people
COUPLES THAT WOULD BENEFIT FROM THIS WORKSHOP:
- Everyone from newlyweds to seniors
- Those who wish to take their marriage from good to great
- Those needing better conflict management skills
Laura Heck is a licensed marriage and family therapist and a Certified Gottman Therapist (one of less than 300 in the world). She served in a leadership role at The Gottman Institute (TGI) as the Director of Professional Development until 2015 where she developed The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work curriculum (the one we're going to teach you!). Laura's passion to teach has lead her to co-found forBetter, an instruction based web platform allowing couples to access powerful research-based tips and tools for creating intimate relationships that are forBetter.
Nate's mission in life is to rid the world of mediocre love. He is a Trained Gottman Leader, and loves teaching The 7 Principles for Making Marriage Work program. He created The Loveumentary, a podcast dedicated to uncovering the relationship secrets of America's happiest couples. He's graced the TEDx stage, produces regular Date Night events, has led workshops all over the country and has been taught and mentored by some of the world's greatest relationship experts.